Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stress Kills

Literally stress kills. Except it doesn't kill like an axe murderer. Stress is like a betrayed and devastated wife that is feeding you a teaspoon of arsenic carefully mixed in each one of your meals. Slow. Methodical. Deliberate. In fact, stress is so much like this latter kind of murderer that you'll be in cardiac arrest before you know it and at the most inconvenient time (or whatever arsenic in your food does to you).

Like me, I'm sure that stress slaps you around too. At work, at home, in your relationships, with your car. Wouldn't it be interesting though if work was never the element that stressed you out? What if I was always something at home that you couldn't take and you scurried away in your car in the mornings just to get a away from it? Some people do live this way I'm sure, but what if that was the way it was supposed to be rather than the other way around? Would you even bother to live with people anymore?

Ok, I think that home as the stress factor may be a bad example, but I'm just wondering if there are any alternatives to work being the stress-monger or is that just the nature of the beast?

No comments:

Post a Comment