Monday, May 10, 2010

Bugged Life

It's not that I'm into bugs but come on, you have to admit that these close ups of the buggy species are pretty wild.
I was out and about and happened upon these marvels of nature. Check out the attention to detail on the one with the color, above. The delicately scalloped wings appeared completely motionless as I snapped this photo with my camera phone. I imagine the survival instinct of "just stay perfectly still while this human idiot does whatever they're doing and it'll be cool" kicked in.
This chica just seems like she has some serious armored gear. Also still, she didn't even appear to be searching for anything, just waiting for me to get close, take my pic and go on about my business. She's on the side of a newly stuccoed home.
I hope you some times take a look around and check out the life that's passing you by. Sometimes it's actually going pretty slowly or even labored enough for you to catch it. I think a lot of people aren't paying attention. Or they think they are but then their IPhone rings and it's a fragmented thought. Now did those two bugs upon whose species and type I am completely unfamiliar change the course of my day or make me a better person?
Maybe.
Perhaps I look a little closer at the mundane, looking for the extraordinary details. Maybe it leads me to take a couple of picture so I would be inclined to post about it. Indeed, if you're reading this, whenever you're reading this, it may make you appreciate something--something that you would have caught tomorrow, but now understand a day earlier.
A ripple effect of touch and go existence.
Hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment